Enhancing the NFL Experience
A wearable prototype for Enhancing the Experience of the NFL [for a fan attending an in stadium game.]
Built using Arduino Lilypad technology.
- Enhance NFL Experience
- Don’t change (or “add layer”) of current experience of fan @ game.
- Create a physical wearable prototype
- Mapping Existing Experience
- ‘Exemplar’ Research
- Fan Interviews, Surveys, & Contextual Inquiry
- Sports Marketing & Sports Management publication review (fan team/player relationship)
Crowd Noise Ball
“Bring the sounds of the game home”
The football would sit near the fan watching the game and would play sounds from the stadium through a football with a speaker at a fan’s house.
Madden “Play” Ball
The Madden “Play” Ball a football with a screen built in.
When you play pickup football it shows offensive plays that kids could learn, to be better learn/understand real offensive concepts. With a 3 choice display, the play selection presented would match the popular Madden Football video game.
- “Live it” – designs that were meant to put the consumer in the role of a NFL player so they could feel the experience of playing in the NFL
The NFL Experience
- “Above and Beyond” –
- “Affiliations” – use the brand of the NFL to draw people to their products or services.
Campbell’s soup Chunky Click for Cans program.
E-Stadium: Wireless Football Infotainment Applications.
Arduino Lilypad hardware in an existing jersey (DE Robert Mathis, Indianapolis Colts #98).
- M.S. Capstone
- May 2010